Custom Component Control Issue  

  RSS
(@spokesj)
New HOMER

Hello,

I believe there may be an issue using custom components within the matlab dispatch controller. When I set the power output of the custom component within MatlabDispatch.m as follows:

simulation_state.custom_components(1).power_setpoint = X;   % Where X is a variable I solve for earlier in the function.

This power setpoint variable is correctly set within the function (I generate a test_variables.mat file to verify within a simulation run) and the simulation finishes fine with no errors but the output reports incorrectly display the power setpoint equal to simulation_state.custom_components(1).power_available instead of X in the output reports for every timestep.

By switching the custom component to a generator, everything works fine, so I've found a sufficient workaround. But I wanted to flag this as I think it may be a bug.

Thanks!

Jason

Quote
Posted : January 29, 2019 3:11 pm
(@dhiwaakar)
Illustrious HOMER Admin

Hello Jason,

 

Thank you for letting us know. I have forwarded this to our Software team and they are working on fixing it.

 

Best,

Dhiwaakar Rajasekaran

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 27, 2019 12:54 pm
Share:
  
Working

Please Login or Register