Multiyear data input and charge ESS from an specific unit generation
I am currently working on a Project in which I have several time series of PV plant and wind farm productions for several years. The study consists of studying the behaviour of a ESS that will be implemented in PV plant. A load will be served with the combination of PV+ storage and the other generation of wind farm. Currently, I do my study with custom resource in order to study the project and I am doing the same process per year, but it is not exactly what I want to do. Therefore, I have several questions that I want to share with you:
1. Is it posible to enter several custom sources in HOMER? I want to enter a specific custom source for the PV an another for the wind farm, Now, I do the simulations with only one custom source that is the sum of the different generations per year.
2. I was wondering if there is a way of simulating all this years, entering the production for the different years in case of wind farm generators. I know that with multi year option I can simulate the degradation of PV for a specific lifetime poject. But in case of wind farm, I want to enter all the data at a time because, there are no typical years in this case due to the variability of wind speed.
3. Finally, I was wondering if I can simulate the charging of ESS from a specific source. (In my case I was wondering if I can simulate charging my ESS only from my PV plant).
Thank you in advaced.
1) You can definitely enter add multiple custom components and import generation of PV, wind farm and so on.
2) You can only add one resource per component but perform a sensitivity analysis on the Scaled Annual Average.
3) You can put both PV and battery on the DC bus and set the relative capacity of your converter as 0 so it acts only as an inverter. Now only the PV can charge the battery.