Uploading load data to Homer Pro  

RSS
(@ralala)
New HOMER

I'm a bit concerned I'm missing something obvious because I can't see this question asked anywhere before.  

The Homer Pro help states that you can use six different formats to upload load data, including two-column format, three-column format etc.  It also says that files have to be in text format.   https://www.homerenergy.com/support/docs/3.10/importing-a-load-from-time-series-file.html  

The only format I can get to upload is the sixth option listed.  Any other attempts to convert my excel files into text and upload result in an error.  Can anyone give me any ideas what I am doing wrong?  

I am trying to model particular sites that I have 12 months load data for. 

Thanks

Rachel  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 21, 2017 6:19 pm
(@dhiwaakar)
Illustrious HOMER Admin

Hi Rachel,

The file format (extension) doesn't really matter. You can import the load data using the excel file as such and don't need to convert it to a text file. If you still have the same issue, please send screenshot of the error that you get and I can look into it.

Thanks,

Dhiwaakar

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 1:10 pm
(@ingenieria101117)
New HOMER

Hi!!

I have the same problem, I can not upload a file in excel. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2017 10:20 am
(@dhiwaakar)
Illustrious HOMER Admin

Hi,

Could you guys also please try CSV format?

Thanks,

Dhiwaakar

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2017 10:44 am
(@ralala)
New HOMER

Thank you, apologies for the slow reply.  I did not get notified of responses to my message.  When I try to upload the xls file, I get an error message that says "Error reading time series.  Import of C:\blah blah failed.  Line 2 exception Input string was not in a correct format. on '[and then a bunch of symbols].  Try the 'Import and Edit' button. "  Sorry I can't work out how to paste the screenshot in.  

When I convert to a csv file it appears to upload but the dates are wrong and the values are all zero.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 28, 2017 3:33 pm
(@dhiwaakar)
Illustrious HOMER Admin

Hi Rachel,

The CSV format should work fine. The dates in HOMER Pro start from 1/1/2007 by default because all calculations in HOMER Pro are calculated considering the 1st day of the year to be Monday and Jan 1st in 2007 is a Monday. This is why you see a mismatch in dates but that does not affect the energy balance calculations in any way. 

While using CSV format, try the Import and Edit button and you can see where your dataset has incomplete or wrong values. If you still have issues in importing the load profile, please submit a ticket to support@homerenergy.com and attach the files and screenshots along with it. I can help you over our support channel.

Best,

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 29, 2017 12:47 pm
(@ralala)
New HOMER

Thank you for explaining about the dates, Dhiwaakar.  I have submitted a ticket as all the values appear to be blank when I import the csv file. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 30, 2017 3:24 am

Working

Please Login or Register