[Sticky] AC Generator, AC Load and Battery  

RSS
(@dhiwaakar)
Illustrious HOMER Admin

Models an AC Generator, AC Load and Battery

HOMER Pro 3.9

This dispatch uses the battery to serve the load. When the maximum discharge power of the battery decreases below the load requirement, the generator is committed to meet the load.

This topic was modified 5 days ago 2 times by Dhiwaakar Rajasekaran
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2017 3:06 pm
 Joe
(@joerichard)
New HOMER

Does the generator charge the battery? If not, how does the battery charge?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2017 2:00 pm
(@dhiwaakar)
Illustrious HOMER Admin

Hi Joe,

Whenever the battery is not serving the load, the generator serves the load and charges the battery simultaneously.

Best,

Dhiwaakar

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2017 2:06 pm
(@moweed)
New HOMER

Hey,

I have been working on the code and I stumbled upon some irregularities. In the MatlabDispatch.m:

line 30; "min_load >= simulation_state.dc_bus.load_requested"
-->I think it should be the AC_Bus:  "min_load >=simulation_statesimulation_state.ac_bus.load_requested"

line 42: "simulation_state.converters(1).rectifier_power_input = (simulation_state.batteries(1).rectifier_power_output)/(rect_efficiency/100);"
--> should be the converters instead of batteries: "simulation_state.converters(1).rectifier_power_input = (simulation_state.converters(1).rectifier_power_output)/(rect_efficiency/100); "

I am not sure about this, because I just started working on it, but at least the second one lead to a simulation crash before.

Greetings,

Mo

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 12, 2018 6:37 am
(@dhiwaakar)
Illustrious HOMER Admin

Hello Moritz,

Thank you for pointing it out. I have made the updates and uploaded it again. However, it shouldn't have caused the program to crash. The HOMER file ran without issues before and after updating for me. So make sure the controller settings are right and you have the compatible MATLAB version (32-bit or 64-bit) installed.

Thanks,

Dhiwaakar Rajasekaran

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2018 4:04 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register