Proxy Authentication  

HOMER Version: x64 3.8.5 (Pro Edition)

Hi Forum Members

I have to go through an organisation proxy to access the Internet. When I set HOMER up to do just that, at startup it presents a pop-up box displaying the proxy information. The two options available to proceed are 'Cancel' and 'Ok'. The result is the same, regardless of whichever one I select: HOMER doesn't start up.

If I disable the proxy authentication settings from the pop-up box  and start HOMER once more, it does start up. What am I doing incorrectly in the process described above? I would like to connect to the Internet to access online data.

Things that are known:

1. The proxy details are accurate, as Internet access functions normally through other software packages.
  2. I'm working on Windows 10 (64 bit).

Thank you for your time.

-SC

My italicized words aren't showing after posting the question. For clarity:

"The result is the same, regardless of whichever one I select: Homer doesn't start up."

"If I disable the proxy authentication settings from the pop-up box  and start HOMER once more, HOMER does start up."

Hey Stef, I'm going to set up a ticket for you so it will be easier for us to discuss this issue by email. I'll post the outcome up here once it has been resolved.

Working

Please Login or Register