Proxy Authentication  

RSS
 Stef
(@stefcoetzee)
Active HOMER

HOMER Version: x64 3.8.5 (Pro Edition)

Hi Forum Members

I have to go through an organisation proxy to access the Internet. When I set HOMER up to do just that, at startup it presents a pop-up box displaying the proxy information. The two options available to proceed are 'Cancel' and 'Ok'. The result is the same, regardless of whichever one I select: HOMER doesn't start up.

If I disable the proxy authentication settings from the pop-up box  and start HOMER once more, it does start up. What am I doing incorrectly in the process described above? I would like to connect to the Internet to access online data.

Things that are known:

1. The proxy details are accurate, as Internet access functions normally through other software packages.
  2. I'm working on Windows 10 (64 bit).

Thank you for your time.

-SC

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2017 8:19 am
 Stef
(@stefcoetzee)
Active HOMER

My italicized words aren't showing after posting the question. For clarity:

"The result is the same, regardless of whichever one I select: Homer doesn't start up."

"If I disable the proxy authentication settings from the pop-up box  and start HOMER once more, HOMER does start up."

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2017 8:23 am
(@admin)
Noble HOMER Admin

Hey Stef, I'm going to set up a ticket for you so it will be easier for us to discuss this issue by email. I'll post the outcome up here once it has been resolved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2017 9:47 am

Working

Please Login or Register