Bug Report: Simulation Results || Cash Flow || Table | | Export To || Excel || Negative Numbers Exported as Text  


0

Normal
0

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:107%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I found a small but irritating bug in a sub function of Homer Pro.  From the Results window, double click into a specific simulation, view Cash Flow as a Table, then Export to Excel, the negative numbers are stored as “text”.

($26,231) in the Excel has the tell-tale green triangle in the upper right corner, the Yellow Diamond Error/Issue icon list this error “Number stored as text”

SUMMARY:

Simulation Results  ||  Cash Flow ||  Table  | |  Export To  ||  Excel || Negative Numbers Exported as Text

HELP REQUESTED:

Does anyone know a “Global” Change I can make to Excel “convert text to a number”?    Presently I would have to do this manually on each cell.

 

I am evaluating the Business Case of Renewable System for use in the Army.   The systems components are fixed, but the Army Loads and Locations are variable.   Therefore, I am using Homer Pro in way it is not optimized for.   I will have to export a lot of these Cash Flow Tables for fuel prices (fully burdened) form $2/gal to $100/gal {9}, and with PV {2,4,6,8} kW, Operating Reserve on the Hybridized Generator {10, 20, 30}.  The military Program Manager like Discounted Payback Period in Years (y-axsis, so I will plot this against Fully Burdened Fuel Price (x-axis) and PV capability (z-axix)

Fall back is to write something in MATLAB to remove the parentheses and add a minus sign.  Better in MATLAB than Excel programming.

 

Thank-you

 
0

Hey Tom, we've exported a lot of files out of HOMER as CSV files, opening them in Excel and saving them as Excel Spreadsheets and haven't had issues with negative values.

It looks like your post threw up some errors on our forum and subsequently posted something about Internet Explorer 4, which is pretty dated. It possible you could be having these issues because you are using dated versions of Excel, I know software updating can lag behind in some organizations. Let me know if that might be the issue.

Andrew,

I have not had any issues with Homer Exporting CVS files, with the Normal Export Button.  The ISSUE is in 

Cash Flow || Table | | Export To || Excel ||.

The extra stuff in front of my post is  Microsoft Word meta data.  I used it as spell check before cut - n - paste into the forum.

 

 

 

0

All, 

I found a work around to

Simulation Results || Cash Flow || Table | | Export To || Excel || Negative Numbers Exported as Text

USE "WORD" Format to Export to

(1) Simulation Results || Cash Flow || Table | | Export To || WORD

(2) Open in WORD || Select the Whole Table || Cut-N-Paste into EXCEL.

(3) Now ($26,344) is treated as a Negative Number.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
0

All, 

I found a work around to

Simulation Results || Cash Flow || Table | | Export To || Excel || Negative Numbers Exported as Text

USE "WORD" Format to Export to

(1) Simulation Results || Cash Flow || Table | | Export To || WORD

(2) Open in WORD || Select the Whole Table || Cut-N-Paste into EXCEL.

(3) Now ($26,344) is treated as a Negative Number.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
0

oh ok good, glad to hear you figured it out.

- AF

 
  
Working

Please Login or Register