Gasification Ratio  

I am a student doing a project on power generation using biogas as my resource. 

I got a challenge with the gasification ratio in the biomass resource. The way I understand is that gasification is used in combustion of biomass in the gasifier to produce syngas. I have tried to search for gasification ratio online but I haven't found any other definitions. On the other hand in anaerobic digestion the biogas yield (given in m3/animal/day) is the one used. I got some questions below I would like to ask.

1. Is the gasification ratio in Homer Pro related to combustion process of biomass alone?
2. From the user manual:  Gasification Ratio = kg gas/ kg biomass. I would like to request to know what constitutes 'kg biomass'. Since biomass constitutes 
    the variables; moisture, total solids and volatile solids whose weights can also be given in kilograms.
3. If I have the density of biogas (which will help to get the mass of the biogas) and I got the mass of the biomass (from 2 above) will it be okay for me to 
    substitute the mass obtained, in the formular above and use it (as gasification ratio) in simulation?

Thanks in advance.

Working

Please Login or Register